PO Box 2044 - Alliance OH 44601
The City of Alliance was formed in 1850 with the merging of the three small communities of Williamsport, Liberty, and Freedom. Four years later in 1854, the village incorporated as Alliance. In 1889, the Village of Mount Union was annexed into Alliance.
Two major railroad lines intersected in Alliance, once known as "The Crossing". This is another popular interpretation of how the city was named. Alliance is often referred to as the town where Main Street is a dead-end. The fact is that when Main Street was platted, it brought people to the train station which was the heart of the city's transportation hub. The railroads were central to industry and personal transportation, bringing in raw materials for factories and sending out finished goods.